Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Blue Eyed Wanderer




She looked frail and weak, sparkling deep blue eyes
Age had swallowed away her youth and beauty
Yet she looked beautiful with her toothless, frenzy, wrinkle-cracking face
Her brows and hair turned white as the late December snow
She wandered on the streets of Metro
Hungry, loveless, lonely
Like that lemon-turned leaf withered away, making crackling sounds under your feet
She looked at me with hope
I felt guilty and handed her a penny
She looked at me with disgust and contempt
Her eyes piercing my soft heart, mocking at my drudgery
“Hey fair lady I seek you for a little warmth and companionship
Rather than these pocket-clinking pennies, they are useless to an old lady like me”
“Whose grave is a few yards away calling her ritually”
“My one foot lies near my lover’s coffin and one on this cruel-earth”
“Aye! Lord! Thy save us not from empty, hungry stomachs but from empty loveless, lonely hearts!”
Amen...

Saying she once again wandered in search of food for her lonely heart.

2 comments:

Harmony said...

Aye! Lord! Thy save us not from empty, hungry stomachs but from empty loveless, lonely hearts!”

nice said..
so Krutika you really become a Writer now...ummmmm can i hier a writer sweety..ha ha.well thats a good work.have a good day.

sweetheart said...

thanks:) ...u seem to be commenting on all my posts..thats v.considerate of you